Not all coffee cake recipes have actual coffee in it. A coffee cake is really a cake that’s served (or is at its best) with coffee. It’s a classic afternoon snack combo. The steaming hot, brewed cup of bitter coffee and the sweet, soft texture of cake are perfect with each other.
That’s why this coffee cake recipe is a genius recipe that actually combines real coffee and cake into one delicious and decadent mini cake you can have for merienda.
You are going to still want that steaming cup with this little coffee loaf to make your afternoon meal a double coffee experience you’ll want to repeat tomorrow.
Coffee Crunch Mini Loaf Cakes Recipe
Coffee Crunch Mini Loaf Cakes Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup honey roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanila extract
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease an 8-cup mini-loaf pan. Set aside.
- Make the crumble: In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, honey roasted peanuts, flour, salt, and softened butter together into a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Make the cake batter: In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix the vanilla extract and coffee granules into the yogurt until dissolved and well mixed. Gradually add flour mixture alternating with the yogurt mixture. Mix only until just blended.
- Using two spoons, dollop the batter into in the prepared loaf pan until filled about half full. Sprinkle with about a tablespoonful crumble. Fill with more batter until 3/4 full. Top with more crumble. Tap the loaf pan on the counter gently to release any bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake emerges clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from the loaf pan. Serve with freshly brewed coffee.