Coffee jelly is already delicious on its own so how do you level it up to make it even more appetizing? Add sago! The tiny pearls are a fun addition to the dessert. It’s a sago at gulaman dessert made creamier and more addictive, thanks to the coffee.
Coffee Jelly Sago Recipe
Coffee Jelly Sago Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup small sago
- 1 Cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gulaman powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 250-ml pack All-purpose cream Chilled
- 1/2 Cup sweetened condensed milk or to taste
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- Prepare sago: Soak small sago in water for 30 minutes in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring. Cook until the sago are transluscent. Set aside to cool completely. Chill in water until ready to use. (Alternatively, place in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on High for 1 minute. Stir. Cook again for 1 minute. Stir.)
- Make coffee jelly: In a saucepan, combine coffee, sugar, and powdered gulaman. Stir to combine and dissolve the gulaman powder. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Once it boils, remove from the heat and pour into a 9-inch by 5-inch baking dish. Pop any bubbles on the surface using a culinary blowtorch if desired. Set aside to cool completely. Slice into cubes. Chill until ready to use.
- To assemble: In a large bowl, mix together chilled cream, sweetened condensed milk, and instant coffee. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Stir in sago and coffee gulaman. Spoon into glasses and serve. Keep chilled.