Why not try a new lasagna recipe? Replace ground meat with corned beef—a certified kid favorite—and watch your family finish a whole pan!
Corned Beef Lasagna Recipe
Replace ground meat with corned beef!
Corned Beef Lasagna Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes around 800 grams
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 cups corned beef drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 8 lasagna sheets uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make tomato sauce: In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, then garlic, until both are softened. Sprinkle Italian seasoning. Stir in tomato paste and cook until pastiness has been cooked off. Add diced tomatoes and water; stir to mix. Sprinkle salt, ground black pepper, and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Add bouillon cube in mixture, stir to dissolve. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Layer lasagna: Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish. Place a layer of lasagna sheets. Cover with tomato sauce, and sprinkle with mozzarella mix. Place a layer of lasagna sheets. Cover with tomato sauce, spread corned beef mixture over tomato sauce, and sprinkle mozzarella mix. Top with lasagna sheets. Repeat with remaining lasagna sheets, tomato sauce, and end with mozzarella mix until baking dish is full.
- Place in oven and bake 40 minutes, or until noodles are softened. Slice and serve. Recipe originally published in the April 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW