The cornmeal in this recipe adds texture and crunch to the French toast. But don’t worry, you can do away with it if you don’t have it on hand. Before serving, add fruits and berries to your liking and drizzle with maple syrup.
Cornmeal French Toast Recipe
Cornmeal French Toast Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Butter divided
- 6 slices wheat bread
- 1/4 Cup yogurt
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and cornmeal.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt ½ tablespoon butter on the pan.
- Dip one bread slice into the mixture and place on the skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt and cream cheese.
- Drizzle yogurt-cream cheese mixture on top of French toast. Serve immediately.