Updated on November 21, 2023 by Camille Georgia Uy.
What Is Crab And Shrimp Linguine With White Sauce?
White sauce and seafood is a no-fail combination. Brighten it up with some onions, bell peppers, and garlic, and you get a winning seafood pasta dish like this crab and seafood linguine with white sauce!
Crab and shrimp linguine with white sauce is a luxurious pasta dish that combines al dente linguine pasta with rich, creamy white sauce, and is generously topped with succulent crabmeat and shrimp. It’s a dish that’s both comforting and elegant: perfect for an intimate date night or at big dinner parties.
Table of Contents
How to Serve Crab And Shrimp Linguine With White Sauce
Garnish with fresh herbs: Sprinkle chopped parsley or basil for a fresh, aromatic finish.
Pair with a crisp salad: A light, citrusy arugula salad complements the creamy pasta.
Offer crusty bread: Serve with a side of garlic bread or a warm baguette to soak up the delicious sauce.
How To Cook Crab And Shrimp Linguine With White Sauce
To make this crab and shrimp linguine pasta in white sauce, start off by lightly sauteeing the shrimp and crabs in neutral oil or butter until just cooked. Then, set aside.
In the same saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Toss in red bell pepper and cook briefly before adding garlic until fragrant. Then, begin making the white sauce: sprinkle flour over the mixture and cook for a minute, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in warm milk, continuing to stir until the sauce thickens.
Now you can add the cooked crabmeat, shrimp, and green peas, combining well. Season with lemon juice, salt, cayenne, Knorr Shrimp Cube, and liquid seasoning to taste. Stir for another minute, then mix in the cooked linguine. Serve on a platter, sprinkled with grated cheese.
Tips To Make The Best Crab And Shrimp Linguine With White Sauce
1 Choose fresh, high quality seafood.
Opt for fresh, high-quality crabmeat and shrimp for the best flavor and texture. Fresh seafood makes all the difference in this dish. It’s worth seeking out the best quality you can find.
2 Thoroughly thaw and dry frozen seafood.
If you’re using frozen shrimp or crabmeat, ensure it’s thoroughly defrosted and patted dry to prevent the sauce from becoming watery.
3 Season as you go.
You can adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper in stages so that the dish absorbs flavor more gradually and evenly! You can do this as you saute the seafood, then after the veggies are added, and again when the sauce is finished. Remember to taste as you go, too!
Crab And Shrimp Linguine With White Sauce Storage Tips
1 This seafood pasta dish can be refrigerated for a few days.
Place any leftover crab and shrimp linguine pasta in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Since the white sauce is milk-based, its shelf life is shorter.
2 Do not freeze the white sauce.
Freezing is not recommended as the creamy sauce may separate upon thawing. This creamy seafood pasta recipe is best consumed right after it’s cooked.
Crab and Shrimp Linguine with White Sauce
Crab and Shrimp Linguine with White Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup onion chopped
- 1/3 Cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups milk warmed in a pan or in the microwave
- 3/4 Cup shrimp cooked and chopped
- 1/2 Cup crab meat cooked and removed from the shells
- 1/3 Cup green peas thawed
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp liquid seasoning
- 1 cube Knorr Shrimp Cubes
- Salt to taste
- 160 Grams linguine noodles cooked according to package directions
- parmesan cheese for topping
- In a medium saucepan, saute the shrimp and crabmeat in oil or butter, just until they are pink and cooked through. Take off the heat and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add red bell pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour and mix well; cook for 1 minute. Whisk in warm milk and stir continuously until smooth and slightly thick, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add cooked crabmeat, shrimp, green peas, and Knorr Shrimp Cube. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt, cayenne, and liquid seasoning. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Mix in cooked linguine. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with grated cheese.