This mac and cheese recipe has a seafood favorite mixed into it: crab meat! Make this mac and cheese for your favorite seafood lover for the ultimate pasta dish treat. Always be on the lookout for new products when grocery shopping. Supermarkets have upped their game, making time-saving preprepared ingredients (like canned crabmeat) readily available.
Crab Mac and Cheese Recipe
Crab Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 1 200-gram pack elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cups fresh milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 200 Grams crabmeat cooked or canned
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs toasted
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 2 minutes less than indicated in package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Whisk constantly until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat then add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add cooked pasta and crabmeat; stir well. Place mixture in individual ovenproof bowls or an 8-inch oval baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake until top is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.