All you need to cook a delicious bistek recipe are the right ingredients: thinly sliced beef, soy sauce, calamansi juice, and sliced onions. Sometimes some freshly chopped garlic or even garlic powder is added for more flavor.
It’s an easy and delicious addition to an otherwise simple recipe, and it’s one that makes this classic Filipino food even better and more flavorful, too.
Creamy Bistek Recipe
Creamy Bistek Ingredients
- 1/2 kilogram breakfast beef steaks (thinly sliced sirloin)
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose cream
- 2 medium white onions peeled, sliced
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil as needed
- In a saute pan over high heat, heat enough oil to cover the bottom. Add sliced beef, one slice at a time, and cook until just cooked through then remove from the oil. Set aside. Repeat in batches until all the beef are cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions and saute, stirring, until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside with the beef.
- In the same pan, pour in soy sauce, calamansi juice, and ground black pepper. Bring to a quick boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Once simmering, return the beef and onions to the pan and cook until just heated through.
- Turn off the heat and pour in all-purpose cream. Stir just until combined. Serve in bowls with steamed rice.