Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or you’re having guests over, you’ll never go wrong with this classic chicken recipe. It’s a comforting chicken meal that everybody loves!
Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Ingredients
- 1 kilo chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 165-gram pack Cheese cut into strips
- 1 250-gram pack square spice ham
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to coat evenly.
- On a cutting board, place a chicken breast and cut it in half.
- Slice one side of the chicken, pound until about 1/2 inch (about 1 cm) thick with a meat mallet, rolling pin, or back of the knife.
- Place 1 slice of ham on a slice of chicken, then put a stick of cheese on the ham. Evenly roll the chicken. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- After the rolls are made, prepare 3 separate large, wide dishes: one with flour, the second with beaten eggs, and the last with breadcrumbs. Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then dip in the egg, and then roll in the breadcrumbs. You can use toothpicks to secure the rolls.
- Meanwhile, preheat a deep pan with 2 inches (5 cm) of oil to 325 degrees F or 170 degrees C on a deep fry thermometer.
- Place the breaded chicken cordon bleu in the oil and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until the outside is an even golden brown. Discard toothpicks.
- Cut each roll into 5 equal parts. Serve.