Creamy avocado, vibrant herbs, and fresh, sweet shrimp ceviche make for a pasta dish that’s as bright as it is deeply satisfying.
Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe
This pasta dish uses avocado for an extra creamy texture.
Creamy Shrimp Pasta Ingredients
- 1 Cup Shrimp small, peeled, and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 finger chili minced
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 400 Grams pasta
- 1/2 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup basil leaves fresh
- 3 ripe avocados flesh only
- 1/3 Cup walnuts chopped
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Make the ceviche 30 minutes before serving time: Blanch shrimp in a pot of boiling water for about 30 seconds then plunge in ice-cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and mix with the remaining ingredients. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add sea salt. Cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente. Drain pasta and reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, blend calamansi juice, olive oil, garlic, and basil leaves in a blender or food processor until well combined and basil leaves are minced. Add avocado, and season with salt and pepper. Process until creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss in warm pasta, adding a small amount of hot pasta water if it’s too dry. Toss with walnuts and ceviche. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with cilantro before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW