Make creme brulee extra indulgent with the addition of sweet white chocolate. Use good-quality white chocolate for this creme brulee recipe!
White Chocolate Crème Brûlée Recipe
White Chocolate Crème Brûlée Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 3/4 Cup white chocolate chopped, around 150 grams
- 2 large Egg
- Egg yolks only
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place cream, sugar, and white chocolate in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Beat eggs and egg yolk in a bowl.
- Slowly add a third of the cream mixture to the beaten eggs. Whisk vigorously until well combined.
- Add remaining cream mixture and whisk to combine. Pour mixture into 6 (4-ounce) ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a roasting pan. Fill pan with hot water until halfway up the ramekins. Place pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Test for doneness by slightly jiggling the pan to see if the custard is set; it should be firm at the center.
- Let cool at room temperature then chill for 2 hours to cool completely.
- To serve, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar on top of each ramekin and caramelize with a blowtorch. Alternatively, you can do this in a preheated 450°F oven or a turbo broiler set on high. Place ramekins on the top rack and broil until sugar is caramelized. Serve immediately.