Achieve that crispy golden coating without frying! Coating the chicken in cornflakes and baking it in the oven will give you the same result. Keep things healthy by serving it with a garlicky yogurt dip. This baked chicken recipe is for those who want to indulge without going overboard on the calories.
Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe
Crispy Baked Chicken Ingredients
- olive oil to grease
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons each black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic crushed
- 1 kilo chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 large eggs beaten lightly
- 2 cups cornflakes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine yogurt, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Combine flour and paprika in a bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg. Dredge in cornflakes until well coated. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp and golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.