This tortang alamang recipe uses tasty, flavor-packed dried alamang or shrimp fry to make crispy, delicious omelets like no other. Once you’ve learned how to cook tortang alamang, you can also easily swap out the alamang with shrimp to make tortang hipon! You can have it as a merienda or snack, but it’s also perfect with rice and shines even more with a side of mayonnaise.
Crispy Tortang Alamang Recipe
Crispy Tortang Alamang Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Oil divided
- 80 Grams alamang
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chinese chives (kutsay) chopped
- In a preheated pan with 2 tablespoons of oil, saute garlic and dried alamang together. When the alamang is crispy, set it aside in a strainer to remove excess oil.
- Beat eggs, then add salt, pepper, kutsay, and half of the cooked alamang. Set aside half of the cooked alamang as a crunchy topping.
- Preheat the frying pan with the rest of the oil. Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture and fry until golden brown and crisp. Cook 2 at a time. Drain excess oil in a strainer.
- Serve each piece with the remaining crispy dried alamang on top and the mayonnaise on the side.