Potato chips give classic fish sticks an addictive savory, salty punch. Your picky eaters will dig right in!
Are You Overcooking Your Fish? Posted in: Cooking
Crunchy Fish Fingers Recipe
Potato chips give classic fish sticks an addictive savory, salty punch.
Crunchy Fish Fingers Ingredients
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon wansoy finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 446-ml bottle tomato sauce or bottled pasta sauce or store-bought arrabbiata sauce
- 3 tablespoons curly parsley freshly chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 60-gram pack potato chips plain salted, crushed in a food processor
- 2 60-gram packs potato chips barbecue flavored
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 fillets cream dory
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- Make the herbed yogurt dip: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use (you can make this ahead of time; mixture lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator).
- Make the marinara sauce: Heat arrabbiata sauce in a pan over medium heat. Mix in parsley.
- Place all-purpose flour and combined crushed potato chips on two separate plates. Season flour with salt and pepper. Break eggs into a bowl and whisk until yolks and whites are completely combined.
- Coat each fish finger in seasoned flour, dip in egg, then coat with crushed potato chips.
- Pour oil into a nonstick frying pan over medium heat until it comes ½ inch up the sides of the pan. When oil is hot, fry fish until golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately with herbed yogurt dip.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW