Here’s a new treat you’ll want to munch on the entire night: crunchy parmesan chickpeas!
Crunchy Parmesan Chickpeas Recipe
Crunchy Parmesan Chickpeas Ingredients
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 400-gram cans chickpeas (garbanzos) rinsed, drained, and dried
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- Lime (Dayap) for garnish
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chickpeas and fry, stirring continuously, until crisp and golden, about 16 to 18 minutes. Do this in batches, if necessary. Drain chickpeas on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine ground pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture over chickpeas and toss to combine. Garnish with lime zest, if desired. Serve immediately.