Coat sweet tocino in Japanese breadcrumbs to make a new breakfast hybrid, tocinokatsu! With cheese and butter, the scrambled eggs are simply irresistible.
Crunchy Tocino with Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Crunchy Tocino with Scrambled Eggs Ingredients
- 1 500-gram pack tocino ready-to-cook
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 to 2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
- oil, for frying
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 Cup cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Butter
- salted egg to serve
- tomatoes to serve
- Make the tocinokatsu: Toss tocino with the beaten egg, then coat each piece with breadcrumbs. Heat oil to medium and pan-fry coated tocino in batches. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Cook the cheesy scrambled eggs: Beat 5 eggs in a bowl, then add cheese. Melt butter in a nonstick pan. Add cheesy eggs and cook to your desired doneness.
- Assemble on a serving platter with salted eggs and tomatoes on the side, if desired.