This easy Filipino fish dish is made flavorful with the vinegar-salt-pepper marinade. Daing is a process of preparing fish and seafood in the Philippines: often fish is salted and sun-dried but seafood may also be marinated in a mixture of vinegar, salt, garlic, and pepper.
Daing na Bangus Recipe
Daing na Bangus Ingredients
- 3 pieces boneless bangus (milkfish) butterflied with skin-on
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Marinate the boneless bangus in vinegar, salt, black pepper and crushed garlic for about an hour or overnight.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Pan-fry the fish, skin side first for 4 to 5 minutes before turning the milkfish on the other side. Fry the other side for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.