Satisfy those dark chocolate cravings with this homemade snack.
Dark Chocolate and Orange Bark Recipe
Dark Chocolate and Orange Bark Ingredients
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 navel orange sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Egg whites only
- 20 mint leaves
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 200 Grams dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Make candied orange: heat water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once simmering, add orange (sliced into thin rounds), submerging fully. Cook until translucent, about 30 to 45 minutes or until sugar syrup registers 110°C on a candy thermometer. Drain and let slices dry overnight.
- Make sugar mint leaves: whisk 1 egg white until frothy. Dip mint leaves in egg white; remove excess egg white with your fingers. Place leaves on a wire rack. Sprinkle both sides with sugar. Leave to dry overnight.
- Melt and temper dark chocolate. Mix in ground cinnamon. Pour chocolate mixture onto a wax paper-lined sheet pan. Scatter chopped candied oranges and sugar mint leaves on top. Let chocolate set briefly in the freezer, about 5 minutes, then break into pieces.