This easy meatball soup, also known as almondigas, is super delicious and easy to make. It combines a basic meatball, made even more flavorful with a handful of cabbage for flavor, texture, and tenderness, with a garlic broth. Misua, or thin rice noodles, completes the meal.
You can add slices of patola, upo, or whatever vegetable you like for a more hearty bowl of soup.
Easy Almondigas Soup Recipe
This easy meatball soup recipe is sure to satisfy!
Easy Almondigas Soup Ingredients
- 250 Grams ground pork
- 1 Cup cabbage finely chopped, squeezed of water
- 1/2 medium red onion peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium Egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 medium red onion peeled, sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic peeled, sliced
- 1 liter (4 cups) water
- 1 piece chicken bouillon cube
- 1 bundle misua (fine rice noodles)
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper (add more to taste)
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, cabbage, finely chopped onion, and beaten egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook a small portion to test for seasoning. Adjust seasoning as needed. Form into meatballs using a tablespoon, about 12. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add sliced onion and cook, stirring, until just translucent. Add garlic and cook until just lightly browned.
- Pour in water and add chicken bouillon cube. Bring to a boil.
- Gently drop meatballs into the boiling soup. Bring back to a boil then simmer until meatballs are just cooked through. Skim any scum that rises to the surface of the broth.
- Place the misua into the simmering broth. Cook until just softened. Season to taste as needed. Serve while hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW