Use our popular beef pares recipe to create a delicious version that’s eaten with noodles instead of rice. The mami portion is super easy to make so once you have your pares, you can pile on the noodles and serve it as you like.
This is beef noodles made extra meaty!
Easy Beef Pares Mami Recipe
Easy Beef Pares Mami Ingredients
- 500 Grams beef brisket cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 6 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 piece beef bouillon cube
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup white sugar
- 1/4 piece cinnamon stick
- 2 pieces star anise
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pieces beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 150 Grams fresh miki noodles
- 2 tablespoons spring onions for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fried garlic for garnish
- 1 piece Hard-boiled egg for garnish
- Make beef pares: Season beef cubes with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Sear beef until all sides are browned. Set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan. Saute until fragrant. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Put the beef back in the pan. Add beef bouillon cube and saute with the aromatics for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water. Add soy sauce, white sugar, cinnamon, and star anise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then lower down the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour to an hour and a half or until beef is fork-tender.
- To make the mami: Dissolve 2 beef bouillon cubes in 4 cups boiling water. Add the garlic powder. Stir to melt. Add the egg noodles and cook until al dente.
- To assemble a bowl, transfer broth and egg noodles in a serving bowl. Top with pares, spring onions, fried garlic and half of a hardboiled egg.