This is a classic carbonara recipe with the addition of flavor-packed sun-dried tomatoes and earthy basil leaves. Make this carbonara on a weekend! The kids will love digging into this creamy dish.
Carbonara with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil Recipe
Carbonara with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil Ingredients
- 500 Grams
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 Cup cream
- 1/2 Cup parmesan grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup sun-dried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves roughly chopped
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Add salt and fettuccine. Stir, and let cook until al dente.
- Whisk in a large serving bowl eggs, cream, Parmesan, salt and freshly ground pepper, or to taste. Set aside.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup pasta water, and immediately toss into egg mixture. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves. Adjust seasoning, add pasta water if needed, toss again, and serve immediately. Recipe originally published in the August 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.