Binagoongan recipes are one of the faster stews to cook since it uses small pork strips. However, there is a cooking trick you can do to speed up the cooking process even further: use chicken.
By using chicken, and in this case, chicken breast fillets that cook fast, you still get the delicious flavor of the bagoong alamang without sacrificing the meatiness you love in your dish. This easy chicken binagoongan recipe is a must-try, especially when you’re craving a flavorful and hearty ulam dish!
Easy Chicken Binagoongan Recipe
Make your favorite bagoong dish even easier to cook.
Easy Chicken Binagoongan Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Small red onions peeled, quartered
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 1/2 kilogram chicken breast fillets cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bagoong alamang or to taste
- 3 Small tomatoes quartered
- 1 piece green finger chili (siling haba)
- 2 pieces siling labuyo chopped
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup loosely packed fresh Thai basil leaves leaves only, more to garnish
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add sliced onions and cook until just softened. Add chopped garlic saute until a bit browned. Add chicken strips and cook, stirring, until just cooked through. Season with pepper.
- Add bagoong alamang, tomatoes, siling haba, siling labuyo, and water. Bring to a simmer and reduce liquid until it becomes a sauce.
- Stir in Thai basil leaves, and simmer again just until the basil leaves are wilted. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with more basil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW