A classic and festive dish like this easy chicken macaroni salad recipe needs to be presented as the star on your dining table! This easy pasta salad has a creamy mix of mayonnaise and cheese for the dressing but it’s got more to make it addictive than just that. It’s got the perfect amount of macaroni to chicken chunks so you’re never short on the chicken! Those chunks of chicken, macaroni shells, tidbits of pineapples, pieces of raisins, and bits of carrots and onions make up the flavor powerhouse this pasta salad delivers with every spoonful. Make it a festive side dish every time with a garland of lettuce leaves to give it that fresh look.
Easy Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
Easy Chicken Macaroni Salad Ingredients
- 500 Grams Elbow Macaroni
- 500 Grams Chicken
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 1/2 Cup Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1 227-gram can Pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Lettuce Leaves
- Cook elbow macaroni as per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place chicken in a pot and fill with water just enough to cover it. Add a little salt and bring to boil. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Remove from heat and drain. Shred the meat.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients (macaroni, chicken, mayonnaise, onions, carrots, raisins, and pineapples), except the cheese, salt, and pepper. and toss until well blended.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and add it to the macaroni salad and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill for at least an hour for the flavors to meld. In a bowl, lay the lettuce, then spoon the salad on top. Serve cold.