This chicken teriyaki recipe uses premade bottled marinades to make your cooking life easier. Here, we used a barbecue marinade and bolstered its sweet flavors with sesame oil and chopped garlic. Then, we cooked it all in the same pan. (Yup! There’s no marinating involved!)
Easy, right? This easy recipe hack makes it fast and easy to make as well as cook! Want it even sweeter than it already is? Amp it up with some more sugar.
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
You only need 3 ingredients to make the sauce!
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Ingredients
- 1 Cup store-bought barbecue marinade
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds Optional
- 4 pieces chicken breast fillets skin on
- vegetable oil as needed for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix barbecue sauce, garlic, and sesame oil. Stir in sesame seeds if using. Set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add two chicken breast fillets, skin side down, in the hot oil and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook until cooked through. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken fillets.
- Once the second set of chicken fillets is cooked through, pour in 1/4 cup prepared teriyaki marinade into the pan with the two chicken fillets. Using a spoon and tilting the pan, baste the chicken with the sauce, letting the sauce simmer until thickened while coating and flavoring the cooked chicken. Repeat with the remaining chicken fillets. (If desired, simmer the remaining teriyaki marinade in the pan until thickened and serve as a sauce.)
- Slice the chicken fillets diagonally. Serve while hot, together with some steamed rice and more of the teriyaki sauce on the side, as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW