From the name itself, you’ll already have an idea of what this cake is all about—it’s deep, dark, moist, and sinful.
Easy Devil's Food Cake
Easy Devils Food Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large Egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1 1/2 cups water boiling
- chocolate for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line and grease a 9-inch round pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, milk, and oil.
- Gradually pour the mixture into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Add boiling water; stir well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Make the icing: Place cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Whip on high speed. Gradually add confectioners sugar. Whip to medium-stiff peaks.
- Ice cake with whipped cream. If desired, garnish with shaved chocolate. Icing tip: The icing is easy to make. Usually, a fudge icing is used to ice Devil s Food Cake, but for color contrast, this uses whipped cream. Make sure not to whip your cream too stiffly to prevent it from becoming grainy. This will also make it easier for you to spread the icing on the cake. Start from the top then ice the sides. If you don t have an offset spatula, you can use a spoon to spread the cream. Fancy tip: Make it doubly impressive by whipping up an extra tall Devil s Food Cake! Just make two layers, stack one on top of the other, then ice for a grand cake. Want to keep it simple? Try this: Frosting-free Ways to Decorate Your Cake If you liked this recipe, we also recommend: Devil s Food Cake Devil s Food Mini Cupcakes with Bailey s Buttercream chocolate cake recipes