It’s hard to beat the classic Southeast Asian mix of peanut sauce and grilled chicken with that signature smoky flavor. Try using beef and pork, too.
Easy Grilled Chicken Satay Recipe
Easy Grilled Chicken Satay Ingredients
- 500 Grams chicken breast fillets sliced thinly
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- steamed rice to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh turmeric grated
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onions chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons Lemongrass chopped (white part only)
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- Thread chicken pieces onto barbecue sticks. Set aside.
- Make the marinade: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and purée to a paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate, covered, for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat a griller or a grill pan over medium heat. Brush chicken with oil thengrill until cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Garnish chicken satay with cilantro, if desired. Serve with side salad and steamed rice.