Kwek-kwek is one of many Pinoy favorite street foods. These are boiled quail eggs, coated in orange flour mixture, and deep-fried. Best paired with vinegar dipping sauce or the sweet-spicy sauce of your choice!
Easy Homemade Kwek-Kwek Recipe
Easy Homemade Kwek-Kwek Ingredients
- 20 pieces quail eggs
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teasoon orange food coloring or achuete powder
- 1 Cup water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- Boil the quail eggs until hard. Let it cool and remove shells. Set aside.
- Combine flour and achuete powder. Add water and mix thoroughly. Add additional achuete powder until you get the color you want. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Coat the quail eggs in cornstarch and dip them into the batter. Deep fry eggs until cooked.