Originating from Lucban, Quezon, this type of pancit is usually served on banana leaves and without utensils. Try this easy recipe and replicate the experience at home.
Easy Pancit Habhab Recipe
Easy Pancit Habhab Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 Cup Pork belly chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 Cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar
- 4 to 5 cups beef broth or water
- 500 Grams miki lucban or pancit canton
- Heat cooking oil in a wide pot. Add pork slices and cook for 5 minutes or until the oil from the pork has been rendered.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Season with black pepper, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Add beef broth or water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add Lucban miki or pancit canton and cook, stirring, until the noodles absorb the liquid. Serve immediately.