It only takes a few minutes to make tasty Spanish sausage at home. This one’s loaded with bold, smoky flavors and is preservative- free, too! Remember to allow the pork to marinate for at least an hour or, better yet, overnight before shaping them into patties or logs.
Easy Spanish Chorizo Recipe
Easy Spanish Chorizo Ingredients
- 1 kilo pork shoulder (kasim) freshly ground
- 200 Grams pork fat freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup dry red wine
- Combine ground meat and fat in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix gently using your hands until well combined.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To make skinless sausages, measure ¼-cup portions of the mixture and shape into logs. To store, wrap each sausage in parchment paper.
- To make burger patties, measure ¾-cup (about 200-gram) portions of the mixture and shape into patties. (You can also use a 5-inch metal cookie cutter to shape the patties.) To store, place parchment paper sheets in between patties.
- To cook, heat ½ tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry sausages for about 1 to 2 minutes, and the patties for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn to cook the other side for the same amount of time.
- If serving as an appetizer, slice chorizo into 1-inch pieces. Alternatively, you can serve them whole with garlic rice and a fried egg on the side.
- To make chorizo burgers, spread butter on the inside of each bun. Toast until warm. Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic mayonnaise on the inside of each bun. Place 1 to 2 lettuce leaves and 1 chorizo patty on the bottom half of each bun. Top each with 1 to 2 tablespoons caramelized onions then cover with the top bun halves. Serve hot.