Easy Tuna Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
Take your usual lumpia recipe and swap out the pork with canned tuna.
Easy Tuna Lumpiang Shanghai Ingredients
- 3 180-gram cans tuna flakes in oil drained
- 1 Cup carrots grated
- 1/4 Cup white onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 20 pieces Lumpia wrappers small
- Oil for frying
- water for sealing lumpia
- spiced vinegar for dipping
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the tuna flakes, carrots, and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add calamansi juice.
- Heat oil in a deep pot for deep frying.
- Make the lumpia: on a board, lay down 1 wrapper. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of filling. Fold the wrapper and seal the edges with water. Repeat with remaining tuna filling.
- When ready to fry, cook the lumpia in batches. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with vinegar dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW