This simple recipe is a one-pot wonder and a hearty meal all on its own. A delicious and healthy Italian minestrone soup recipe with chock-full of season vegetables. Excellent on chilly days. Very easy to prepare.
Easy Vegetable Minestrone Recipe
Easy Vegetable Minestrone Ingredients
- 1/2 Table Spoon olive oil
- 1/3 Cup bacon chopped
- 1/2 Cup onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 15 pieces long beans (sitaw) sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- 1/2 Cup white beans
- 1/2 medium zucchini chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Cup elbow macaroni cooked
- parmesan cheese
- basil leaves for garnish
- In a medium stockpot, heat oil and cook bacon until brown. Add onions and saute until translucent. Add the celery, carrots, and green beans and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add diced tomatoes, stock, dried thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add beans and zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the cooked elbow macaroni and mix well. Adjust seasoning. Discard bay leaf.
- Upon serving, top each bowl with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.