Rice is a staple ingredient in Asia, and more often that not, you will end up with leftovers. Here is a smart and easy way to smartly use them: fried rice! Fried rice recipes are versatile because you get to mix-and-match flavors and mix in anything you want. This easy yang chow fried rice recipe uses leftover meatloaf in the mix to make it extra tasty.
Easy Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
Easy Yang Chow Fried Rice Ingredients
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1/2 loaf leftover meatloaf cubed
- 3 chorizo Macau (Chinese chorizo) sliced
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- 1 Cup carrot chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 cups day-old white rice
- 4 Egg slightly beaten
- 2 Egg (yolks only), slightly beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Sauté chopped red onions and chopped garlic. Add meatloaf and chorizo Macau; mix well. Add frozen peas, chopped carrots, sesame oil, and day-old white rice.
- Make a well in the center and pour in 4 slightly beaten eggs and 2 slightly beaten egg yolks. Allow eggs to set for 1 to 2 minutes. Mix eggs into rice.