Take out the guilt of eating too much sisig with this vegetarian version that’s made with eggplant and three kinds of mushroom. This is so packed with umami, you might not miss the meat!
Eggplant and Mushroom Sisig Recipe
This vegetarian dish will not make you miss the meat!
Eggplant and Mushroom Sisig Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup butter or margarine
- 1 Cup red onions chopped
- 1/2 Cup Garlic chopped
- 1 Cup wood ear mushrooms (tengang daga) chopped
- 1 Cup button mushrooms diced small
- 1 Cup shiitake mushrooms chopped
- 1 Cup eggplant diced small
- 2 tablespoons liquid seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon betsin (MSG)
- 2 pieces green chili fingers (siling pang-sigang) sliced
- 1 Egg Optional
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter or margarine in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add button mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes. Add shiitake mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, liquid seasoning, and calamansi juice. Mix well.
- Add eggplant. Season with salt, pepper, and MSG. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Garnish with green chilies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW