You can make carb-free “pasta” with a vegetable substitute: eggplant! Slice them into thin strips and bake it into a delicious eggplant lasagna.
Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
Eggplant Lasagna Ingredients
- 2 medium eggplant sliced
- Salt tot aste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup marinara sauce store-bought
- 200 Grams italian sausage crunbled and cooked through
- 3/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- Thinly slice eggplants using a mandoline with a straight blade, or with a knife. Season liberally with salt and let slices sit for 5 to 10 minutes, or until moisture is released. Pat slices dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat olive oil on a skillet over medium-high heat, then brown slices on both sides. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium, oven-safe dish, evenly alternate layers of marinara sauce, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese, and cooked eggplant, making 4 to 5 layers. Top with cheese and bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.