This combo is a classic for good reason: The contrasting flavors—sweet peanut butter and salty bacon—work.
Elvis Sandwich Recipe
Elvis Sandwich Ingredients
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread toasted lightly
- 2 pieces banana (lakatan variety, ripe), sliced
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter
- 6 strips bacon
- Toast the bread slices. Set aside.
- Cook bacon strips in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread on the insides of each bread slice, place sliced bananas, and cooked bacon strips on one bread slice. Top with the remaining bread slice. Repeat until you make 2 sandwiches.