If you are into healthy food but worried about the increasing prices of vegetables in the market, you should try making ensaladang kamote. With just a few easy steps and minimal ingredients, you can already whip up a flavorful salad! On top of that, discover how to make your vinaigrette sauce more appetizing through this clever recipe!
Ensaladang Kamote Recipe
Ensaladang Kamote Ingredients
- 2 bunches dahon ng kamote (with stalks)
- 2 salted eggs
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion (leave 5mins in cold water with salt), sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cane vinegar
- a pinch of Pepper to taste
- Make vinaigrette: Mix salt, brown sugar, cane vinegar, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Mix until dissolved.
- Boil the salted egg.
- Blanch the dahon ng kamote (make sure it s washed and clean) for 30 seconds. Soak in icy cold water and then squeeze lightly. Remove excess water but do not over-squeeze.
- Combine the dahon ng kamote, tomatoes, onion, and the vinaigrette sauce until flavored evenly. Place the sliced salted eggs on top. READ THESE: MORE SALAD RECIPES Pinoy Fiesta Macaroni Salad Recipe Crab Stick (Kani) Salad Recipe