Coffee lovers rejoice! These super chocolatey bars are infused with the flavor and aroma of your favorite cup. The bonus? They have that signature cracked top!
Espresso Brownies Recipe
Espresso Brownies Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup Butter at room temperature
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large Egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground espresso or dark-roast instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons water warm
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang for easy lifting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Whisk on high speed for about 5 minutes.
- Mix espresso and warm water in a small bowl. Add to batter and mix on medium speed until combined. Add melted chocolate and mix just until combined.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt in another bowl. Turn speed to low then add flour mixture to the batter; mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in pan to allow to set before slicing.