Perk up rich, thick hot chocolate with a shot of coffee! It’s perfect in the morning with a flaky croissant.
Espresso Hot Chocolate Recipe
Espresso Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- 2 shots Coffee use espresso
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tablspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Marshmallows
- Place all ingredients except for chocolate pieces and marshmallows in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir until well combined. Bring to a gentle simmer then turn down heat to low.
- Add chocolate pieces and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is slightly thick.
- Place marshmallows on a foil- or parchment paper-lined toaster-oven tray. On the top-heat setting, broil marshmallows until browned on top. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour espresso hot chocolate into cups and garnish with toasted marshmallows.