Served during special occasions, this Marikina-style meatloaf is made with pork, hard-boiled eggs, red bell pepper strips, and chorizo and is usually shaped using a llanera (oval baking pan).
Everlasting (Marikina-style Meatloaf) Recipe
Everlasting (Marikina-style Meatloaf) Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 200 Grams luncheon meat finely chopped
- 1/4 kilo bell pepper sliced (set aside 1 pc for garnishing)
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/4 kilo pickle relish
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 8 pieces eggs
- margarine for lining llanera
- In a pre-heated medium-sized pan with oil, saute garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Add pork, luncheon meat, pickles, raisins, soy sauce, and salt. Mix well and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain, let it cool and set aside.
- In a big bowl, add the meat mixture. Add eggs and flour. Blend well.
- Prepare the llaneras (baking pans): spread margarine, lay down sliced hardboiled eggs and bell pepper. Add the meat mixture.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and steam for 1 hour on low heat. Remove from llanera and serve.