This chicken recipe cuts cooking time in half—fillets are used instead of bone-in chicken. To save a few more minutes, slice each fillet into uniform pieces.
Fettuccine with Chicken Piccata Recipe
Fettuccine with Chicken Piccata Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 400 Grams Chicken (use skinless chicken breast fillet), sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Butter divided
- 2 teaspoons onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup capers
- 1/4 Cup chicken stock
- 200 Grams fettuccine noodles cooked according to package directions, reserve some of the cooking water
- parsley sprigs Chopped, for garnish
- 1 lemon sliced into thin rounds
- Mix together flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Lightly dredge chicken in mixture. Shake off excess flour.
- Cook chicken in olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 1½ to 2 minutes per side. Cook chicken in batches, using 2 tablespoons butter per batch (¾ cup butter total), to avoid overcrowding pan. Set chicken aside and keep warm.
- Sauté onions and garlic in the same pan. Add white wine and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer until wine reduces to half, about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, capers, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Whisk remaining 3 tablespoons butter into the sauce. Add cooked pasta; mix well and season with salt and pepper. Add some of the pasta cooking water to the sauce to thicken it.
- Transfer pasta to a serving dish. Top with chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve lemons on the side.