Classic recipes such as bistek recipes are those that have all the flavors that we love. It’s truly a classic! For this recipe, there are no twists and extra ingredients to make it different. It’s all about the beef, calamansi, soy sauce, and the onions that give it that signature look and taste.
Classic Bistek Recipe
This bistek is tangy, salty, and perfectly delicious.
Classic Bistek Ingredients
- 500 Grams beef sirloin thinly sliced and cut into pieces
- 1/4 Cup fresh calamansi juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 medium white onions peeled, sliced into rings
- 4 cups water or as needed
- ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Oil as needed, for frying
- In a bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, and calamansi juice. Cover and set aside at least one hour up to overnight.
- In a saute pan over high heat, heat enough oil to cover the bottom. Add onions and saute, stirring, until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add sliced beef. Add water. Bring to a boil then simmer until tender. Remove any scum that rises to the surface. Add more water as needed until beef is tender. Once beef is tender, simmer the sauce until reduced and flavorful. Season with a little ground black pepper if desired.
- Return onions to the pan and cook until just softened. Serve while hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Bistek-Style Tanigue Steak Recipe Posted in: Recipe
Beef Tenderloin Bistek Recipe Posted in: Recipe
Pinoy Bistek Recipe Posted in: Recipe
Bangus Belly Bistek Posted in: Recipe
CONTINUE READING BELOW