Bopis is a spicy dish of minced pig’s heart and lungs combined with minced carrots and radish and dyed a bright red color from the annatto seeds. Often eaten as pulutan or bar chow, it is also a staple meal in most carinderia and Filipino homes. This has become a favorite for a typical Filipino family because there are many ways you can extend it to serve more mouths. for this recipe, minced kangkong stalks is used but you can also use singkamas when it’s in season.
- READ THESE: MORE BOPIS RECIPES
- WATCH: This Is How You Make Bopis At Home
- Bopis Recipe
Filipino Bopis Recipe
It's a FIlipino favorite!
Filipino Bopis Ingredients
- 1 1/3 kilograms pigs heart and lungs (boiled in 10 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of white vinegar, and 1/4 cup sliced ginger)
- 1 medium-sized carrot minced
- 1 medium-sized radish minced
- 3 cups kangkong stalks minced
- 1/2 Cup annatto water (diluted from 1/8 cup annatto seeds and 1/2 cup hot water)
- 1/4 Cup ginger minced
- 3 pieces siling labuyo
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 pieces green chili
- 3 tablespoons cane vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 medium-sized red onion chopped
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 8-gram pack Maggi Magic Sarap All-in-One Seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a wok. Saute onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Put the minced pig’s lungs and heart and stir. Add the dried bay leaves, siling labuyo, and green chili. Stir.
- Pour in the annatto water. Cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- Add minced carrot, radish and red bell pepper. Stir and pour 1/2 cup water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Pour calamansi juice, stir and simmer again for another 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add all-around seasoning and vinegar. Let it boil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced kangkong stalk and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, pour in the cornstarch water to make the sauce thick. Simmer for 2 minutes. Then serve. READ THESE: MORE BOPIS RECIPES WATCH: This Is How You Make Bopis At Home Bopis Recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW