With soft fish, crunch tofu, healthy beans, and a tasty black bean sauce, this seafood and veggie dish will definitely hit the spot!
Fish and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
Fish and Vegetable Stir-Fry Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Japanese soy sauce
- chili flakes
- canola oil for deep-frying
- 150 Grams firm tofu (tokwa) cut into 2 by 2 inch pieces
- 1 400 gram whole cream dory sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic minced
- 1 Small red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon salted black beans canned
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved into 2 tablespoons water
- 100 Grams French beans
- 1 Cup oyster mushrooms
- rice (steamed), to serve
- Mix together rice flour, salt, and pepper on a plate; set aside.
- Mix together stock, sugar, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and chili flakes; set aside.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in a large wok. Deep-fry tofu until golden brown. Drain well on a wire rack.
- Toss fish in flour mixture; shake off excess. Deep-fry until golden brown. Drain well on a wire rack.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok. Sauté ginger, garlic, and bell peppers until peppers are tender. Add black beans and mash half of them. Pour in stock mixture and simmer. Add cornstarch. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add French beans and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, tofu, and fish. Toss until fully coated in sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately with steamed rice.