This dish is packed with tasty fish and vegetables! The tausi adds a touch of saltiness to the dish, so remember to hold back on the salt a little bit when it comes to seasoning. Bring the familiar, comforting flavors of Chinese cuisine to your dinner table with this dish.
Fish and Vegetables with Tausi Recipe
Fish and Vegetables with Tausi Ingredients
- 1 kilo white fish fillets (sole, dory, or tilapia), sliced into 2-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 head Garlic chopped finely
- 2 medium red onions chopped
- 1 180-gram can tausi drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper cored and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper cored and sliced
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch dissolved in 1/1 cup water
- green onions to garnish
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Dredge fish in flour.
- Heat ½ cup vegetable oil in a deep pan over medium heat. Deep-fry fish until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Sauté garlic and onions. Add tausi and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add ½ cup water and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture; simmer until thick.
- Add fried fish and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until coated. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with green onions.