Cooking congee in the rice cooker frees you up for other chores, making this the perfect breakfast option for those busy mornings. (Click to find more congee recipes)
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- white pepper to taste
- 300 Grams white fish (use fillets), sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 Cup jasmine rice washed
- 1/4 Cup glutinous rice washed
- 4 cups water (vegetable or chicken stock can also be used)
- 1 (1/2-cm) piece ginger grated
- Salt to taste
- green onion (chopped), for topping
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Make the marinade: mix together all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add fish and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place rice, water or stock, ginger, and salt in the rice cooker. Set to cook. Stir it once or twice.
- After 10 minutes, add fish fillets. Let it cook until the rice cooker switches to the warm setting.
- Divide congee among bowls. Sprinkle green onions, fried wonton strips, fried shallots, and ginger strips on top. Adjust seasoning by adding soy sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper.