Try this creamy Thai soup using white-fleshed fish like cod or halibut.
Fish Curry Soup with Egg Noodles Recipe
Fish Curry Soup with Egg Noodles Ingredients
- 4 cups water
- 10 ounce egg noodles (pancit canton)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 Table Spoon Oil
- 1 Cup fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 piece Seafood Bouillon Cube
- 1 Cup coconut milk (gata)
- 1/2 kilo fish (use fillets), cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Table Spoon fish sauce (patis)
- 1 Table Spoon Calamansi Juice
- 1 to 2 pieces siling labuyo (birds eye chili) sliced thinly
- 1/2 Cup cilantro (wansoy) chopped
- In a pot, bring water to a boil and add noodles. Cook for a few minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Stir red curry paste in 1?2 cup of water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook mushrooms for a couple of minutes. Add curry paste diluted in water. Add bouillon cube; dissolve and stir. Pour 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Put heat on low, pour coconut milk, then add fish. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water; add to the curry. Add fish sauce, calamansi juice and siling labuyo. Add noodles and heat through.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve hot.