This dish gets a punch of flavor from a spicy sambal paste and elevates your everyday omelet.
Steamed Fish Omelet Recipe
Steamed Fish Omelet Ingredients
- 1 Small red onion peeled, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove Garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 pieces Egg
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk (gata)
- 1 piece cream dory use fillet
- cilantro (wansoy)
- Prepare a steamer. Line 2 laneras with enough aluminum foil to fold over it. Brush foil with oil. Set aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the onion, garlic, turmeric, chili garlic sauce, and sugar into a paste. Transfer to a bowl and beat in eggs and coconut milk. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cut the fish in half crosswise. Pour a fourth of the mixture into a prepared lanera, top with a fish half, cover with another fourth of the egg mixture. Fold over foil to close. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place laneras in the steamer and steam for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked. Remove from steamer, top with cilantro, and serve immediately with steamed white rice.