Some enjoy this fish dish with a side of tomatoes and cilantro, fish sauce, and lots of garlic rice. Cooked and simmered in vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger, this Filipino fish dish is a comforting meal.
Fish Paksiw Recipe
Some enjoy this fish dish with a side of tomatoes and cilantro, fish sauce, and lots of garlic rice.
- 1 kilo boneless bangus (milkfish) (use belly), cleaned
- 350 Grams eggplant sliced into rounds
- 370 Grams ampalaya (bitter melon)
- 200 Grams Garlic peeled
- 60 Grams ginger sliced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup fish sauce (patis)
- 1 1/2 cups Vinegar
- 3/4 piece fish bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Arrange fish on the bottom of a casserole. Add eggplants, ampalaya, garlic, and ginger. Pour in water, soy sauce, fish sauce, and vinegar. Season with bouillon cube, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until fish is just cooked (slightly firm and flakes easily), vegetables are cooked, and liquid is slightly reduced, about 10 to 15 minutes; do not overcook.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW