Makeover your fish dish into a kid-friendly meal. Everything your child needs—protein, carbs, veggies—comes together on one yummy plate.
Fish Parmigiana Recipe
Fish Parmigiana Ingredients
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece shallots (sibuyas Tagalog) minced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 piece carrot grated finely
- 2 cups tomatoes diced
- sea salt
- 300 Grams white fish (use fillets), sliced into small rectangles
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pieces Egg beaten
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 Cup olive oil for frying
- 300 Grams spaghetti noodles cooked according to package directions
- Make the sauce: Heat oil in a saucepan. Add shallots and cook until transparent. Add garlic and cook just until soft and about to turn golden brown. Add thyme and oregano. Add carrots and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmeruntil sauce is thick. Stir often to break down the tomatoes and keep the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Season with sea salt.
- While sauce is simmering, season fish with salt and pepper. Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs combined with Parmesan cheese in 3 separate containers. Dredge fish in flour, dip in egg, and coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry fish until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve fish over spaghetti; top with carrot-tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.