These colorful breakfast skewers are delicious any time of the day—as a treat to jumpstart your morning, merienda to satisfy rumbling tummies, or an after-dinner dessert to cap a home-cooked meal.
French Toast Kebabs Recipe
French Toast Kebabs Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 6-inch baguette sliced into 1-inch cubes melted butter for frying
- fresh fruits sliced ((we used grapes, melon, and pineapple)
- confectioners sugar or pancake syrup (to serve)
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; mix until well blended. Slowly add milk and vanilla. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Stir in salt and set aside.
- Quickly dip bread cubes into the milk mixture and place in a preheated nonstick pan with butter. Cook for a few seconds and flip over when browned. Repeat with remaining bread cubes.
- Skewer each French toast cube onto a bamboo stick, alternating with a piece of fresh fruit. Dust with confectioners’ sugar or serve pancake syrup on the side.