This French toast is a little more indulgent than the usual. It’s the perfect weekend breakfast recipe! Fill the middles of your toast with strawberries and cream cheese.
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Recipe
Make breakfast extra special by whipping up French toast.
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese softened
- 1 Cup Powdered SUgar sifted, more for serving
- 8 slices bread or whole-wheat batard
- 1 Cup strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt as needed
- Butter for frying
- pancake syrup to serve
- In a small bowl, whip cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and a pinch of salt until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on two batard slices. Cover one side of bread with strawberries and sandwich with the other bread slice. Repeat with remaining bread, cheese, and strawberries. Set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over med. heat. Brush with butter to coat surface.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Dunk a sandwich in the egg mixture, and press one side onto the preheated frying pan. Cook until toasted then flip to toast the other side. Once brown on both sides, transfer to a plate and immediately sift powdered sugar over its surface. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, and serve with pancake syrup. Recipe originally published in the Jan/Feb 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW